Thursday 27 March 2014

This time next week!

This time next week my surgery of wide excision and lymph node biopsy will be done and fingers crossed it will all go well! Iv had a few more mixed feelings the last few days! One strong feeling I have now is that Melanoma awareness needs to be raised!!! I'm shocked at how naive people really are, especially on social media and people need to be more aware of how aggressive this cancer is! It's not "just skin cancer".
Iv noticed in the uk on the tv as breaks there should be an advert for SPF especially now it's coming into spring/summer! One small step at a time I will spread more knowledge about Melanoma. 



So tonight I'm going for drinks in London with a friend of mine who I think I wrote about in previous posts...he has always been a flaky friend but he really backed off from me when I was diagnosed and Monday he text me a pretty harsh text saying he couldn't cope with me being diagnosed with cancer and time had genuinely passed fast and he kept telling himself he would text me to meet me and support me but he just couldn't! He said he was wrong and sorry and I'm like his family so it's all breaking his heart!
I told him I forgave him and I was really upset with him not bothering to see me when other people stepped up. I explained I have cancer I'm normal Nikki and I don't even like to talk about it! Or be nagative! It's hard because you can't just delete people from your life....we have been friends for years so I'm meeting him tonight to catch up and we will see how things go.  Another one of my friends said to me to remeber I need to be selfish at the moment and not take people's upset or worrys on when I need to concentrate on getting better!!

Mentally I feel stronger than ever! Still coming to terms with it all and of course worried about Wednesdays surgery! But iv tired myself of reading the leaflets and complications that might occur! For now I'm trying to take my mind off the surgery go out for wine tonight and cocktails tomorrow night with my girls! 

Will catch up soon 

Nikki xo

No comments:

Post a Comment