Sunday 20 April 2014

Good News In Time For My Birthday

I'm happy to announce on Thursday I was given the all clear The Cancer has not spread to my Lymph Nodes and I can recover from my op now  and gradually put my life back together! 

Last week I was in borough market in London and I saw a lovely Little wine bar with a glass of pink champagne advertised and I thought "if I get clear results I will be sipping champagne in there" I told myself that with a tiny glimmer of hope that I might be told the cancer has not spread.....but then I brushed my positive thoughts away and remembered there was a 50/50 chance it was going either way. 

So when I was told those words "I'm pleased to tell you that nothing was found in the lymph nodes and the mole that was removed from your head is perfectly fine" I was totally relieved and shocked!!! My mum cried in relief but all I could think was get me out of this hospital I need some air! And we walked out of there and all I could say was omg thank goodness! My family and I went straight to the wine bar in borough market that I pictured us sitting in if I got good results and I got my glass of pink champagne! It was a lovely feeling, 



I know I'm living with Melanoma for the rest of my life but....The breaks are on for now and who knows it may never come back! I'll be checked every 3 months by the best dermatologists and I'll be putting on the SPF50 like its moisturiser :) and covering up and protecting my skin! 
I'm still determind to increase awareness of skin cancer. 

It's my Birthday Monday and it's been a non stop celebration! Fish and chips at the seaside yesterday, lunch with my friend today and Monday celebration dinner! 

I'm also going away end of May for a little holiday my dad is paying for me as a birthday present he said I deserve a break after everything I have been through and how brave I have been.  He is so sweet It's something for me to be excited about because although I have good results I still feel a lot of stress of being diagnosed with melanoma, my scars that are healing and getting my mind round the fact I am living with this for the rest of my life. 

But I'm a fighter and so far I have beat cancer and I can make plans and book holidays and start living my life again :) 

Happy Easter xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment